Opel Blitz was the name given to various German light and middle-weight trucks built by Opel between 1930 and 1975. During the years preceding World War II, Opel was Germany's largest truck producer. The Blitz name (German for lightning) was first applied to an Opel truck in 1930 and by 1934 there were four base versions offered of the 1 ton model along with fourteen versions of the larger 2 and 2½ ton trucks. From 1939 onwards the 3-ton version was used frequently throughout World War II. The 3-ton Opel Blitz truck was the Wehrmacht's principal general-purpose truck during World War II. The engine was a water-cooled, straight-six OHV gasoline unit of 3.6 liters that was fueled by a 21.6 gallon gasoline tank situated under the driver's seat. Features: Constructed of both die cast metal and plastic; Hood and cab are metal; Rubber wheels; Rotating wheels; Includes a driver figure; Accurate markings and insignia; and Comes with assorted accessories.